I sent out an email last week, asking:
Do you teach at a Big Box and a Boutique Studio?
By “Big Box” I'm referring to one of the majors with multiple locations; 24 Hour, LA Fitness, Club Sports, Equinox, etc..
If so I'd like to talk to you and (if it makes sense) interview you for the Podcast…
After sorting through over 300 responses (thanks to you all!) I followed up with some additional detail about the topics I was hoping to explore:
What I'm trying to learn from you is:
- Is teaching at a Big Box different from a small studio?
- If so, how are you or your classes different?
- Are you a “different” person/Instructor at each location?
- Do you enjoy teaching at one vs. the other
- Do you feel limited and/or empowered at one vs. the other?
- Are you more motivated to promote and build your class numbers at one over the other?
- What quick advice would your offer a new instructor on-boarding at either?
John is a member on the AFS (Association of Fitness Studios) Advisory Council.
Holding certifications from; Schwinn, Heart Zones, Team ICG and Life Time Fitness, John's held regularly scheduled cycling classes between 1998 and 2015 when he moved to Florida.
When the weather permits, you'll find him riding and leading outdoor groups by himself or with his Tandem partner (wife) Amy.
Latest posts by John (see all)
- Crappy Weather? Then how about a 2 Hour Endurance Class? - September 19, 2019
- Our Man Chuck Cali at IDEA - September 17, 2019
- How Safe or Unsafe are Indoor Cycling Classes? - September 15, 2019