I came across this article on Active.com band felt that I had to share it:
Not ready to hang your bike in the rafters this winter? The cycling season doesn't have to end when there's snow on the ground–this is where the most dedicated cyclists earn their stripes. Winter cycling can be a dangerous activity if not properly prepared, so take these eight tips into consideration before throwing a leg over the saddle and braving the elements.
1) Make sure you are visable
2) Layers on layers on layers
3) Eye protection
4) Check the forcast
5) Watch for road hazards
7) Buddy System
8) Check your gear
Joey is a certified personal trainer, group fitness specialist and the lead Master Trainer for Cycling Fusion. Joey currently teaches indoor cycling at several Pittsburgh clubs and loves to fuse his passion for the ride with his love of training, technology and of course the music.
Latest posts by Joey Stabile (see all)
- ICI Podcast 0022 – Joey and Amy Give Their Initial Comments About IHRSA 2019 - March 17, 2019
- Should Endurance Athletes Do Yoga? from TrainingPeaks - March 7, 2019
- The Weekly Ride – 022519 Aerobic Challenger – Karyn Silenzi - March 3, 2019