I'm super excited to participate at IHRSA 2015 next week – this is the largest fitness equipment/programing and services show in the USA. Our industry is continuously changing and many manufacturers launch their latest and greatest at this huge event.
Amy is joining me again this year and we'd love to meet you! We get into LA Tuesday 3/10 morning and will be there until noon friday.
Here's the IHRSA promotional video – highlights from last year. I need to comment that Callie Bowling (a past guest on the podcast) picked out Amy and me registering last year @ 0:26 – recognising us both before she'd ever met us in person 🙂
First, who I'm excited to meet at IHRSA
- I've know him “virtually” for years, but at long last I'll get to meet David McQuillen of Sufferfest video fame. He is traveling from his home in Sufferlandria (which is on the opposite side of the globe) and will be there – booth #2554.
- Cameron Chinati, Laurel Mylon and of course Dennis Mellon from Stages Indoor Cycling – they were notably absent last year – booth #2735
- Both of the Display Training companies; Shay Amir with Spivi and Tae Yoo from Performance IQ.
- Candice Mason is the Director of Commercial Sales for Mad Dogg Athletics. I've had the pleasure to talk with her by phone and I'm keen to learn what studio owner resources they'll be offering at the show – booth #1135
- My friends from Keiser; Darrin Pelkey and hopefully Dennis Keiser. Amy and I had a great conversation with Dennis last year and I'm very interested to get his insights on the state IC technology.
And now what I'm looking forward to seeing
- Star Trac / Spinning® is displaying their new “Fusion Drive” belt drive option for the NXT and Blade Indoor Cycles. I'm hoping design engineer Justin Kleber will be there to give me all of the technical details.
- I'm hoping that Les Mills will be displaying their new IMMERSIVE FITNESS video presentation system. I've heard nothing but, this is totally awesome, from anyone who's been to their Santa Monica 24 Hour Fitness club.
- MINDBODY is launching MINDBODY for Box, which they say offers workout and performance tracking. I've got no idea if this is targeted at their boutique studio customers, or (as the name implies) it's only for Big Box studios… but then that's why I'm going.
- Wearable Technology like the Pulse ON watch that can read heart rate optically, without a chest strap.
- And there are always surprises.
I'm not sure why, but ICG isn't showing as an exhibitor this year – although they may be part of the Matrix display.
And Schwinn/Stairmaster isn't listed as a vendor either… UPDATE: Thanks to an email from Merrill Richmond I now understand that Schwinn is exhibiting along with the other brands owned by Core Health & Fitness, LLC – booth 1135. Merrill is now the Vice President of Marketing for Indoor Cycling brands Schwinn and Star Trac.
Stay tuned – I'll be live blogging during the event. If you have anything you like me to look at for you, please let me know.
John is a member on the AFS (Association of Fitness Studios) Advisory Council.
Holding certifications from; Schwinn, Heart Zones, Team ICG and Life Time Fitness, John's held regularly scheduled cycling classes between 1998 and 2015 when he moved to Florida.
When the weather permits, you'll find him riding and leading outdoor groups by himself or with his Tandem partner (wife) Amy.
Latest posts by John (see all)
- ICI Podcast 13 Conquering Instructor Burnout - March 14, 2019
- ICI Podcast 12 Bike O Vision DVDs for your Indoor Cycling Class - March 13, 2019
- ICI Podcast 11 Fraser Quelch on getting your class connected - March 12, 2019