This Podcast is was originally published on August 18, 2013, I have updated it with our new Podcast host information and I am representing it now. I hope you enjoy it, Joey
Sport and Exercise Psychology Expert, Dr. Haley Perlus and I discuss the responses to a question I asked a while back; “What frustrates you as an Indoor Cycling Instructor?” I found that after reviewing the 80 responses I could divide the act of teaching an effective and entertaining Indoor Cycling Class into three categories:
- Foundation – class profile, training zones
- Presentation – communication and interpersonal skills
- Media – music & videos
The majority were related to finding music and playlists. Next were frustrations on finding new class profiles and introducing real training principles into a class.
Sign up for Dr. Haley's mental toughness newsletter http://www.drhaleyperlus.com/
Email her firstname.lastname@example.org
The book we briefly discuss is by Dr. John Ratey.
John is a member on the AFS (Association of Fitness Studios) Advisory Council.
Holding certifications from; Schwinn, Heart Zones, Team ICG and Life Time Fitness, John's held regularly scheduled cycling classes between 1998 and 2015 when he moved to Florida.
When the weather permits, you'll find him riding and leading outdoor groups by himself or with his Tandem partner (wife) Amy.
Latest posts by John (see all)
- Very Sneaky – These Hackers - October 17, 2019
- Would adding a few Recumbent Indoor Cycles = a more inclusive class? - October 11, 2019
- ICI/PRO Member Leslie Mueller's Pain Prevention Videos on ehow.com - October 9, 2019