All of us at ICI/PRO are very excited about our very first conference we are hosting October 8th – 10th in Boston, MA. We have been receiving a number of questions and felt it would be helpful to put together a FAQ for our community of Indoor Cycling Instructors.
- Number one question we get…Do I need to be an ICI/PRO member to attend? No, this conference is open to anyone interested in improving as an Indoor Cycling Instructor.
- Is there a charge for the Friday Night Reception? Nope 🙂 It's included in your conference registration. There is a $30.00 charge to attend the Saturday dinner.
- If I don't get a bike for the Friday night ride, can I still attend? Absolutely! But you can see the benefit of signing up early – this will be a high energy very emotional and fun class – and it's in high demand! We encourage everyone to sign up as soon as possible to ensure you'll get a bike for the Friday night ride! Once we fill them, everyone else is very welcome to enjoy the energy and watch from the sidelines. The reception follows 30 minutes afterward.
- I see there is a limit of 3 bike-sessions per day, but can I audit more? Yes, any registered attendee can audit any session (provided we don't go over the hotel's maximum room capacity – but that is doubtful). In fact, you may learn more if you do not ride occasionally, and sit on the sides and take notes. It's also better for your body to give it a break!
- Can I attend the Pre-Con Workshops without registering for the conference? Yes. Please contact me directly john @ Indoorcycleinstructor.com (you need to remove the spaces in the email address.
- Do I need to be certified to attend? Our preference is that attendees be certified Indoor Cycling Instructors. Please contact one of us if you have a special situation.
- Can I get my initial Indoor Cycling Certification at this conference? We are offering an 8 hour Heart Zones Power Cycling Certification during Friday's Pre-Con, but no initial Indoor Cycling orientation or certification this year.
- Why Boston and why this date? The survey we conducted said October was the preferred date. October 11th is Columbus Day, a holiday for many. Finding a host facility with less than 6 months lead time was very difficult, limiting our choices. The hotel we choose has a lot of experience hosting fitness conferences.
- Where exactly is the Crowne Plaza Boston North Shore Hotel? Here is a map of the area.
- I would like to share a room. Do you have a way for me to I connect with another Instructor? There is a post over at Pedal On for just this purpose here.
- What type of Indoor Cycles will you have there? Keiser has graciously agreed to provide 50 new M3 Cycles and we will have 50 additional conventional Indoor Cycles.
- What type of pedal cleats will you have? Dual sided Shimano SPD (conventional Mountain Bike) and platform/straps.
- I can only attend on Saturday the 9th.
- Are you offering a single day registration? We have started a waiting list here. If we have room we will be contacting everyone by September 11th.
John is a member on the AFS (Association of Fitness Studios) Advisory Council.
Holding certifications from; Schwinn, Heart Zones, Team ICG and Life Time Fitness, John's held regularly scheduled cycling classes between 1998 and 2015 when he moved to Florida.
When the weather permits, you'll find him riding and leading outdoor groups by himself or with his Tandem partner (wife) Amy.