I met a dear friend for happy hour the other night and we were discussing nails. Hers looked great- they were manicured and polished with a beautiful spring coral color. Mine looked terrible- no polish and ragged cuticles. What's happened to me? I've been out of the beauty biz for nearly three months now, and can't seem to find the time to use my favorite CND gel polish and sit under the UV lamp. I've also developed a nasty nervous habit of pulling / tugging my cuticles, so I really need to get back in the habit of getting something long lasting on my nails.
Cheryl (my friend) had been using CND Shellac gel polish with the UV lamp that I'd written about before. But, she's found a new CND product that's a great alternative, because you don't need a light. It's called CND VINYLUX Weekly Nail Polish. The price is right, averaging around $7.00 a bottle
Here's what I love about it:
- Week long wear (I've tried it)
- No base coat needed (don't use one- the instructions say to apply color directly to nails)
- Two coats of color, one coat of top coat and you're done- both are very fast drying
- Remove with regular nail polish remover- no special tools, or funky removal process needed
- Great color choices
Now I have no excuse for bad looking nails! This stuff is great and sooooooo easy.
I bought three colors and two bottles of top coat, so between my gel polish and the VINYLUX, I'm back in the ‘well groomed' category.
Let me know if you try it and like it, or if you have other products you've found that work well.
You can reach me: email@example.com
Latest posts by Amy Macgowan (see all)
- INJURED? THINK TWICE BEFORE POPPING THAT PILL - November 21, 2018
- 5 Tips that will help you (and your hands) feel more comfortable on your bike: - August 14, 2018
- BYOB (Bring your Own Bike) in an Indoor Cycling Class? - January 6, 2018