I found this powder way back in the cupboard of our master bathroom.
I remember buying it l-o-n-g ago when the kids were little. They had terrible diaper rash and none of the standard gooey ointments were doing the trick. I called my mom, a nurse from the 50's, and asked her what I should do. She recommended heading over to Walgreen's and picking up some Caldesene Powder. You can't miss it- it comes in a round pink container with blue writing.
I popped that on their cute little booties and they miraculously healed up in no time!
I didn't throw the Caldesene Powder away, mostly for nostalgic reasons. I'm glad I didn't! This little powder has given me relief after long days in the saddle and after teaching back to back classes.
The zinc oxide and talc do a great job of relieving:
Prickly Heat/Heat Rash
- Prickly heat is a heat rash that can develop when sweat gets trapped in the skin
- This trapping of sweat can cause inflammation and itching
- A dusting of Caldesene® Protecting Powder can absorb sweat and help the rash heal faster
- Chafing can occur as a result of sweat plus friction from clothing or body parts rubbing together
- Chafing is common in areas such as the inner thigh, groin area or armpits
- By using Caldesene® Protecting Powder, you can help keep these areas dry and protect against chafing
- Caldesene® is gentler on chafed, irritated skin than messy creams
- Caldesene® can be used to help relieve dry, itchy skin
- The zinc oxide in Caldesene® serves as a barrier between skin and surrounding air or clothing, helping to soothe skin and prevent further irritation
- Use Caldesene® Protecting Powder to help keep clothes from rubbing against sensitive, sunburned skin
Cuts and Scrapes
- Caldesene® Protecting Powder can also be used to treat minor cuts and scrapes
- The zinc oxide in Caldesene® protects minor scrape and cut wounds from infection and helps them heal faster
- After a day at the beach, rub Caldesene® Protecting Powder onto skin and hair
- Caldesene® will quickly absorb the moisture on your skin and the sand will fall away
- Caldesene® can also be sprinkled on beach towels and clothing for easy sand removal
For under $5.00, I'm always keeping this pink and blue bottle stocked in my cupboard!
Have any good tips? Please share them with us.
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to hear from you.
*I receive no compensation for writing PRO/STYLE. If I do, I'll let you know!
Latest posts by Amy Macgowan (see all)
- INJURED? THINK TWICE BEFORE POPPING THAT PILL - November 21, 2018
- 5 Tips that will help you (and your hands) feel more comfortable on your bike: - August 14, 2018
- BYOB (Bring your Own Bike) in an Indoor Cycling Class? - January 6, 2018