This has become an almost regular habit for me. I'll cue up the New Music Tuesday playlist published by Spotify and then drag promising tracks into my Future To Use folder. Some weeks are near complete washouts. This week has what could be a complete class of songs… Oh, what the heck. Here's a playlist of just songs from today (no Snoop you'll notice) that follows my typical Life Time Fitness 45 minute Evolution Class Format – times are approximate and vary dependent on song length:
- 5 min Warmup – 90+ RPM
- 5 min Openers – 4-5 accelerations pushing above threshold (your Edge in Life Time speak)
- 3 min Reset – fun change of pace, but not a full recovery
- 4 min Best Effort = maximum sustainable Watts / HR
- 4 min @ VT1 (Aerobic Threshold or top of zone #2) / Base Watts
- 7 min Challenge #1
- 2 min Reset
- 7 min Challenge #2
- 2 min Reset
- 4 min Big Finish = a Best Effort / slightly above threshold final effort
- 5 min Dedication, cool down & stretch
The complete article is available to ICI/PRO Members Join ICI/PRO to unlock this today.I'll be using this playlist and profile on Thursday. I'll let you know what their response is!Host of the Indoor Cycle Instructor Podcast - the #1 Internet radio show for and about Spinning / Indoor Cycling Instructors and Cycling Studio owners.
John is a member on the AFS (Association of Fitness Studios) Advisory Council.
Holding certifications from; Schwinn, Heart Zones, Team ICG and Life Time Fitness, John's held regularly scheduled cycling classes between 1998 and 2015 when he moved to Florida.
When the weather permits, you'll find him riding and leading outdoor groups by himself or with his Tandem partner (wife) Amy.
Latest posts by John (see all)
- Crappy Weather? Then how about a 2 Hour Endurance Class? - September 19, 2019
- Our Man Chuck Cali at IDEA - September 17, 2019
- How Safe or Unsafe are Indoor Cycling Classes? - September 15, 2019
Add Your Thoughts...