This is a little older, but still incredible information,
Dr. Alinda Perrine, O.D., M.P.H. and Red Jersey / Master Trainer with Heart Zones USA conducted the Level 1 & 2 Indoor Cycling certification programs I completed during the Active Healthy Living conference this past weekend. I felt the program was very well presented and would prepare a new instructor to teach a very effective class.
Alinda is a true cyclist. She and her husband operate Free Spirit Adventures in Caldwell, West Virginia and she recently completed a “Ride Across America” with another ride planned for next year.
What I liked best was the emphasis on Training (which is measurable) vs. Exercising (which tends to be just wasting your time).
The majority of the Indoor Cycling certification class revolved around Heart Rate training:
- Instructing your participants on how to know if their body is prepared for exercise through a “Delta” test – Listen to the Podcast and see this link for more information.
- Proper techniques for conducting sub maximal tests to determine Max or Threshold Heart Rates
- Lots of discussion about Heart Rate specific class profiles.
John is a member on the AFS (Association of Fitness Studios) Advisory Council.
Holding certifications from; Schwinn, Heart Zones, Team ICG and Life Time Fitness, John's held regularly scheduled cycling classes between 1998 and 2015 when he moved to Florida.
When the weather permits, you'll find him riding and leading outdoor groups by himself or with his Tandem partner (wife) Amy.
Latest posts by John (see all)
- Nope, you're making exactly the same power standing – as you are seated - March 12, 2018
- Did an overemphasis on “contraindications” > give rise to SoulCycle? - February 24, 2018
- ICI Podcast 334 – How do you track the effectiveness of your social media campaigns? - February 22, 2018