This Podcast is was originally published on February 21, 2009, I have updated it with our new Podcast host information and I am representing it now. I hope you enjoy it, Joey
Stage 5 Cycling CEO Tom Scotto and I discuss his Indoor Cycling Certification program that focuses on proven “Road Cycling” coaching and training techniques. Their 2 day certification program sounds very comprehensive:
- Developed and taught by Certified USA Cycling Coaches
- Cycling Anatomy, Kinesiology and Biomechanics at the core of program design
- Periodization Training Model provides the framework for workout structure, specificity and intensity
- Exercise Physiology taught to properly target workouts and understand the body’s response to training
- Comprehensive written and practical exams to ensure each instructor has obtained the knowledge and tools needed to teach
Tom has some interesting ideas on how you can offer additional, fee based, small group services to the participants in your class.
If your are interested in transitioning from part time Instructing to Coaching as a full time career, you may want to contact them to learn more.
Update: Stage 5 Cycling is now part of Cycling Fusion. Find a list of Cycling Fusion indoor cycling certifications and workshops
John is a member on the AFS (Association of Fitness Studios) Advisory Council.
Holding certifications from; Schwinn, Heart Zones, Team ICG and Life Time Fitness, John's held regularly scheduled cycling classes between 1998 and 2015 when he moved to Florida.
When the weather permits, you'll find him riding and leading outdoor groups by himself or with his Tandem partner (wife) Amy.