Tomorrow I'm participating in a new world Indoor Cycling World Record attempt that will take place in Minneapolis at the Target Center. Billed as The Ride Of a Lifetime and is sponsored by Life Time Fitness. (my employer) 1,000 participants are registered, with many on the waiting list!
I did a little research as to recient attemps and they are:
- January 9, 2010 - 600 participants road in the Life Time Fitness “Ride of a Lifetime, in Houston, Texas
- September 18, 2009, 450 cyclists participated in a static cycle class in Galway, Ireland (no link to be found)
- March 23, 2009, 418 participants took part in an outdoor cycle ride at the Life Time Fitness center in Plano, Texas
- February 21st 2009 - 412 cyclists pedaled into the record books this week at Esporta Health Clubs”™ annual conference in Gloucestershire.
- August 14th 2008 - 354 Indoor Cyclists break world record at Can - Fit Pro conference in Toronto.
- February 28th 2008 - 323 cyclists at Esporta Health Clubs”™ annual conference in Gloucestershire.
So why 1,000? I'm guessing Life Time Chairman, CEO and President, Bahram Akradi is just sticking the flag way down the beach, to an almost unreachable point, essentially ending the back-and-forth.
Video coming tomorrow.
- ICI/PRO Podcast 299 – Power and your Playlist… don't make it too hard - June 5, 2023
- Please come back to my class! - May 30, 2023
- My Life Time Instructor Teach Back - May 24, 2023