The Ultimate Instructor Class Profile Contest, Part Deux
September 22rd 2012
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO SELECT INDOOR CYCLING INSTRUCTORS WORLD WIDE, AGE 18 OR OVER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. CONTEST SPONSOR. The Ultimate Instructor Class Profile Contest ("the Contest") is sponsored by Deep Breath In, LLC DBA: ICI/PRO and Pedal-On.com ("the SPONSOR").
Prize Sponsors include; FitnessProTravel.com, ICG® - Indoor Cycling Group, EpicPlanet.tv, CyclingFusion.com, IndoorCyclingMusic.com & ICI/PRO
2. HOW TO ENTER. The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on September 22nd, 2012, and entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 31st, 2012. To enter, go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TMV9TBC Fill out the personal information form and upload your entry following the online instructions. Only one (1) entry per person. If you attempt to submit more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, all of your entries may be disqualified. There is no fee to submit an entry. By submitting an entry to the Contest, each entrant agrees to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and acknowledges that the decisions of the SPONSOR shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
3. QUALIFIED ENTRIES. To be qualified for the Contest, an entry must include only one (1) Indoor Cycling Class Profile each, (“the Profile"). The Profile must describe a 45 - 60 minute Indoor Cycling Class in sufficient detail that another Indoor Cycling Instructor would be able to replicate the class using the Profile as a teaching guide. In addition, the Profile must (a) be in the English language; (b) follow this profile script format (Download a Sample PDF of a Past Winner) and be about 15 - 20 minutes when read out loud (Download a Sample MP3) at the normal rate of conversation — apx. 2500 words / 5-6 pages; (c) Include a suggested music playlist of commercially available music; (d) be wholly the original work of the entrant; (e) be written solely by the entrant; (f) not be in the public domain; (g) not be in violation of or conflict with the trademark, copyright, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or any other rights, of any kind or nature, of any other person or entity; and (h) not include any language or other content that is indecent, inappropriate, morally objectionable or otherwise unfit for dissemination or broadcast, as determined by the SPONSOR in its discretion. Entries not satisfying these criteria in any respect will be disqualified. If the SPONSOR, in its sole discretion, has reason to believe that any entry contains any material that may infringe or violate any law or any rights of a third party, or that the use or broadcast or such entry in the manner described herein may infringe or violate any law or any rights of a third party, the SPONSOR may immediately disqualify such entry and take any other measures the SPONSOR may deem appropriate.
4. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to Instructors World Wide who are age 18 and over. Any individuals who have been employed by an Indoor Cycling manufacture or education provider, performed services (including but not limited to as; past winners, employees, consultants, independent contractors or interns) for SPONSOR, affiliated with any of the prize sponsors and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. The SPONSOR reserves the right to verify and confirm entrants' ages and compliance with other eligibility requirements. Entrants may be required to submit further information to assist in the judges' verification of eligibility.
5. WINNER SELECTION. Judging will commence at the time the Contest begins and continue until all Profile entries submitted prior to the Contest end time have been reviewed. The Contest judge(s) shall be such person(s) as may be selected by the SPONSOR from time to time in its sole discretion (the "Judge"). The Judge will select five (5) Contest Winners, based on the following criteria: (a) originality; (b) creativity; (c) training objectives; (d) teach-ability of the profile; (e) music playlist. There will be one Grand Prize winner and four Consolation Prize winners. The Contest Winners will be notified on or about October 31st, 2012. The Contest Winner will be required to respond within 48 hours accepting the prize and agrees to complete and return any other documents that SPONSOR may reasonably require. If the Contest Winner does not reply to any notification within forty-eight (48) hours, or fails to return any required documentation within five (5) business days of delivery to the Contest Winner, such Contest Winner may, in the sole discretion of SPONSOR, be disqualified and an alternate Contest Winner may be selected.
6. PRIZES. The top five (5) Contest Winners will be interviewed and have his/her Profile recorded and produced as an ICI/PRO Audio PROfile for distribution to ICI/PRO members and active, registered Pedal-On.com members. Additional cash and merchandise Prizes for the Grand Prize and Consolation Prize winners will consist only of items expressly specified at the official Contest Website page on September 22nd 2012. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of right to receive prizes is permitted, except in the discretion of SPONSOR, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Contest Winners will be responsible for all taxes.
7. GRANT OF RIGHTS. By accepting any Prize, the entrant grants to SPONSOR a non-exclusive, assignable, perpetual, license to produce, publish, distribute, transmit, exhibit, exploit, and license the Profile and any portions thereof in any format (collectively "distribute" or "distribution," as applicable) by any and all means, uses and media, whether audio, print, audiovisual or otherwise, now or hereafter known, throughout the universe in all languages. Entrant retains the copyright and all other rights in the work and all non-winning Profiles will be destroyed.
8. ENTRANT REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, INDEMNIFICATION AND RELEASE. By entering, each entrant represents and warrants to the SPONSOR that his/her entry is (i) completely the original work of the entrant and was written solely by the entrant, (ii) not in the public domain, and (iii) not in violation of or conflict with the trademark, copyright, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or any other rights, of any kind or nature, of any other person or entity. Entrant agrees to defend and indemnify SPONSOR for any breach of the above representations. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, release, discharge and hold harmless SPONSOR and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional partners and agents, and all others associated with the development and execution of this Contest, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing, from any and all claims and liabilities arising from or in connection with participation in this Contest, including without limitation (a) claims for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from participation in this Contest or acceptance or use of any prize and (b) claims based on rights of privacy, rights of publicity, false light, defamation, copyright and/or trademark infringement relating to the submission or exploitation of the entrant's concept.
9. RELEASE OF CLAIMS. Each entrant acknowledges that the SPONSOR engages and has engaged in the developing, writing, acquiring, producing, publishing, disseminating and/or broadcasting of Indoor Cycling Class Profiles and other material, (collectively, the "Materials"). By submitting an entry in the Contest, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any Materials that the SPONSOR may hereafter use or exploit may have originated with the SPONSOR themselves or may have been acquired from the SPONSOR's employees, contributors or other parties, and that such Materials may duplicate, parallel or resemble the Profile submitted in the Contest by the entrant. By submitting an entry, each entrant acknowledges that he or she understands and agrees that the SPONSOR use of Materials containing features, ideas, material and/or elements similar to or identical with those contained in their entry shall not entitle the entrant to any compensation whatsoever. As an inducement to SPONSOR to accept the entrant's entry into the Contest, each entrant hereby waives any claim or right of action against any of the SPONSOR or their successors in connection with the SPONSOR's use of any Materials (or any portions thereof) whether or not such Materials contain any features, ideas, material and/or elements similar or identical to those contained in an entrant's entry.
10. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. By entering the Contest, each entrant grants permission to the SPONSOR to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, and/or biographical information for SPONSOR's programming, publication, publicity, advertising and all other promotional purposes without compensation, review or approval unless prohibited by law. The SPONSOR reserves the right to terminate, modify or suspend this Contest due to any of an act of God; unavoidable accident; epidemic; fire; blackout; act of public enemy; war, riot or civil commotion; enactment, rule, order or act of government or governmental instrumentality or tribunal; strike, lockout or other labor dispute; inclement weather; the recapture of any time period scheduled for the live broadcast of a program for an event of national importance or emergency; failure of technical facilities; failure of essential production, or technical personnel to appear or be available for production or broadcast; or other cause beyond its control. SPONSOR is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, mutilated, misdirected, mis-delivered, or delayed entries, or for technical or human errors or failures of any kind in connection with the submission, transmission, processing or judging of entries.
11. GOVERNING LAW. This Contest is governed by the internal laws of the State of Minnesota, USA without regard to principles of conflict of laws. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of Minnesota.
WINNER'S NAME. For the names of the Contest Winners, available after October 31st, 2012, visit www.indoorcycleinstructor.com/contest
Check out the prizes or submit your profile to the contest.