Sprints, speed work, accelerations, cadence building drills-whatever you call them, we all use them in our classes. I love collecting songs that have a natural pick up (usually on the chorus) to use for this purpose. Today I'm sharing two of my favorites along with the timing that I use in my classes. I hope you can work them into your next cycling profile!
Both songs are by Danish metal band Volbeat.
- Lola Montez: I use this song for accelerations on the chorus at :25; 1:13; 2:25 and 4:00. Each acceleration is approximately 25-30 seconds. Recoveries get longer as the song progresses.
2. A Warrior's Call: Accelerations at :41; 1:50 ; 2:50 and 3:50, each of them 30 seconds.
- Why Try Spotify? - October 19, 2020
- Favorite Track(s) of The Week - August 17, 2020
- ICI/PRO Podcast 346 Double Pyramid Intervals Class Audio Profile from Chrispins - June 12, 2020