Ever since the loss of my mother, nearly 30 years ago to lung cancer, I have raged my own personal war against cancer. Understanding the battle against all cancers might be a bit too large for me I decided to focus on raising funds to battle childhood cancers. For the last 15 years I have been an integral part of the Roadless Ride which Benefits Brent’s Place. Brent's Place is a living facility for families with children who are receiving treatments for cancer, bone marrow or organ transplants in the Denver area. Brent's Place provides a pristine living environment for children who's immune systems are severely compromised due to these treatments or surgeries. The Roadless Ride is a fundraiser held annually at Greenwood Athletic and Tennis Club that consists of 12 one hour Indoor Cycling classes where participants make a donation to ride in each class.
This year I have decided to expand my war against childhood cancers to two fronts. On May 1st I will be participating in the Ride For A Reason at Lifetime Fitness in Centennial, Colorado. This 4 hour indoor cycling ride benefits St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
At St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital:
- Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food — because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
- St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90 percent, and we won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
- Because the majority of St. Jude funding comes from individual contributors, St. Jude has the freedom to focus on what matters most – saving kids regardless of their financial situation.
- St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children.
- Donations will benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and Life Time Foundation.
St. Jude has treated children from all 50 states and from around the world.
I will be riding in three and leading one of the four indoor cycling classes for this Rider For A Reason fundraiser. I have committed to raising $1,000 for the kids of St. Jude's and I am asking for your help in reaching this goal.
Anything amount helps, please give something to help me fight this terrible disease.
Click Here to donate
Originally posted 2016-04-23 13:18:59.
- Danny Macaskill Video - October 15, 2023
- Leading with Lollipops by Drew Dudley - September 24, 2023
- Simple and Progress Profile for Aug #1 – Don't Burn the Toast - September 15, 2023