Is there a place for jumps in your class?
I really enjoy adding a jump track in the middle of a long endurance segment, sandwiched between two, long, 90ish RPM flats. The jumps serve a couple of purposes;
- They breakup a potentially monotonous part of your class.
- The slower tempo encourages additional load, which should have everyone working a bit harder once we accelerate on to the second flat.
The speed needs to be just right. I like a track around 70 RPM and found this song while I was creeping on Schwinn Master Instructor Julz Arney's Spotify profile.
Sam Sparro — Black & Gold - Marcussen Album Version is at 68 RPM and has an easy to follow beat that will hopefully have everyone coming out of the saddle in unison.
- ICI Podcast 38 Monetize your passion for Indoor Cycling and turn it into cash Pt 1 - November 26, 2023
- Be Careful > They're Watching When You Blow Your Nose - November 20, 2023
- Cirque du Soleil DVDs = a fantastic endurance Indoor Cycling class - November 17, 2023