Many myths about food and nutrition exist, but the 3 below keep coming up among prospective clients over and over. Let”™s take a look.
1. Nutrition is only important for weight loss.
Yes, weight loss is the main reason people modify their nutrition. And yes, tons of weight-loss information is available online — and much of it contradicts other info you”™ll find.
But good nutrition can help with many issues. For example:
- Do you have trouble recovering quickly after workouts?
The right food plan can reverse that completely.
- Do you have high blood pressure, diabetes, pre-diabetes, or other health problem? The right food plan can reverse those problems completely, as well.
- Do you experience mood swings? Do you feel as if you need more energy?
Once again, the right food plan can help you manage and reverse either (or both) of those issues.
2. Weight loss is just calories in/calories out. I can do it on my own.
You can do many things on your own, including decreasing calories. But be aware that foods are much more than the calories they contain. The hormones they trigger may be much more significant.
It”™s not true that all calories are equal. Often, changing what you eat can make a bigger difference than decreasing how much.
3. Uh-oh: Major changes required. It”™s too complicated and too hard.
It really doesn”™t have to be hard. It”™s absolutely possible to make small — and easy — changes that produce big results. But there”™s a catch — you have to do it. And sometimes a good coach can help you make those small changes and get the results you want.
If you”™d like help with your food in a way that”™s easy, just click here and request your free Eating Empowerment Consult. Find out just how easy it can be to make small changes, step by step, that help you feel fantastic.
- Motivation vs. Enthusiasm - October 12, 2023
- Why Exercise Shouldnâ€™t Be Just One Thing - November 9, 2022
- Stomps:High-Resistance, High-Intensity Intervals for Indoor Cycling (Very Cool) - October 10, 2022