ICI/PRO member John Appleby purchased a new VeloVie Vitesse 400 through our PRO/Purchase program. John emailed me today...
Here is the photo of the bike. I like it more every day. I rode the 14 percent grade section of Beaver Creek (11 percent average over 2 plus miles) last week. This is the same road the pro riders in the USA Pro Challenge will ride on the 4th stage on August 22nd.
We just heard that Chris Froome and his Sky team will coming to race. Can't wait to see the Beaver Creek finish in person!
What a treat it is to have the Wi fly gearing! The rear cassette goes from 28 to 32 so you only lose 1 gear on the lower end. It was nice to ride a super steep section and spin instead of mashing pedals all the way up.
Let me know if I can answer any questions. Also thanks for the help ordering from Pearl Izumi. This is a real nice benefit of ICI/PRO.
You're welcome John. You and your bike look great and that climb sounds like a real quad-buster 🙁
The SRAM WiFLi he's talking about is a compact grupo (two front sprockets / ten rear) that has gearing ranges very close to a triple (three front sprockets). Very important when you live and ride in the mountains of Colorado.
WiFLiâ„¢ is all you need to know…
- Wider — a wider range of gears for every climb and any descent
- Faster - two chainrings shift (and set-up) much faster and more easily than three
- Lighter — as much as 274g (9.8%) less than the most popular road triple
- Much improved Q-factor - improved heel clearance
- Easier set up - two is easier than three
- Compatible with SRAM Red, SRAM Force, SRAM Rival and SRAM Apex
Originally posted 2013-08-05 14:20:19.
- ICI Podcast 361 Life Time Fitness Takes Rhythm & Movement Classes Mainstream with AMP Cycle - September 18, 2023
- More observations from our students - September 9, 2023
- 5 Reasons Instructors (that would be you and me) Need A Professional Headshot - September 3, 2023