I started writing this post with the idea of giving you some outside resources like this one:
Many of us have heard these words as part of the advertising campaign for the self-help book Verbal Advantage: 10 Steps to a Powerful Vocabulary and although I haven't read the book, as a long time salesperson I understand how powerful using the correct words can be.
And then it dawned on me that after 3 years we have resources buried within our 900+ pages that many of you may have never seen or heard. So I thought I would suggest some articles and Podcasts that speak directly (pun intended) to helping improve How You Sound to your class 🙂
- In ICI Podcast #25 — Spinning Instructor Jesse Piersol on how to tell a good story Jesse explains the craft of engaging your students through a great story.
- ICI Podcast #139 — Sara Kooperman from SCW Fitness D.R.I.L.L to help us cue and be creative. Are you speaking to the multiple personalities in your class? Sara has a unique way to identify your students and how best to engage them directly.
- ICI Podcast # 118 — Jade Ng explains why you should bring your dictionary to class. Jade answers the question; can a few simple words change your class?
- In ICI Podcast # 10 — Johnny G is Kranking! Johnny G demonstrates that it's not the actual words he uses, but rather the way he delivers them. Johnny's rhythmic pattern of speaking is hypnotic to listen to and even though he is soft spoken, you feel compelled to listen to him.
Originally posted 2011-09-13 09:43:33.
- When the “Fitness Run” Begins – will you be ready to catch a few new students? - February 21, 2024
- Free Sound Effects Friday – 30 Minutes of Bicycle Racing Audio From EpicPlanet.tv - February 18, 2024
- Stop the Talkers – Step Three… Let's Fix This Today! - February 15, 2024