This Podcast is was originally published on February 21, 2009, I have updated it with our new Podcast host information and I am representing it now. I hope you enjoy it, Joey
Stage 5 Cycling CEO Tom Scotto and I discuss his Indoor Cycling Certification program that focuses on proven "Road Cycling" coaching and training techniques. Their 2 day certification program sounds very comprehensive:
- Developed and taught by Certified USA Cycling Coaches
- Cycling Anatomy, Kinesiology and Biomechanics at the core of program design
- Periodization Training Model provides the framework for workout structure, specificity and intensity
- Exercise Physiology taught to properly target workouts and understand the body”™s response to training
- Comprehensive written and practical exams to ensure each instructor has obtained the knowledge and tools needed to teach
Tom has some interesting ideas on how you can offer additional, fee based, small group services to the participants in your class.
If your are interested in transitioning from part time Instructing to Coaching as a full time career, you may want to contact them to learn more.
Update: Stage 5 Cycling is now part of Cycling Fusion. Find a list of Cycling Fusion indoor cycling certifications and workshops
- ICI Podcast 38 Monetize your passion for Indoor Cycling and turn it into cash Pt 1 - November 26, 2023
- Be Careful > They're Watching When You Blow Your Nose - November 20, 2023
- Cirque du Soleil DVDs = a fantastic endurance Indoor Cycling class - November 17, 2023