This Podcast is was originally published on February 21, 2009, I have updated it with our new Podcast host information and I am representing it now. I hope you enjoy it, Joey
Stage 5 Cycling CEO Tom Scotto and I discuss his Indoor Cycling Certification program that focuses on proven "Road Cycling" coaching and training techniques. Their 2 day certification program sounds very comprehensive:
- Developed and taught by Certified USA Cycling Coaches
- Cycling Anatomy, Kinesiology and Biomechanics at the core of program design
- Periodization Training Model provides the framework for workout structure, specificity and intensity
- Exercise Physiology taught to properly target workouts and understand the body”™s response to training
- Comprehensive written and practical exams to ensure each instructor has obtained the knowledge and tools needed to teach
Tom has some interesting ideas on how you can offer additional, fee based, small group services to the participants in your class.
If your are interested in transitioning from part time Instructing to Coaching as a full time career, you may want to contact them to learn more.
Update: Stage 5 Cycling is now part of Cycling Fusion. Find a list of Cycling Fusion indoor cycling certifications and workshops
Listen to the Podcast below or subscribe for free using iTunes or Zune.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- My Life Time Instructor Teach Back - May 24, 2023
- I'm Fine, Thanks - May 21, 2023
- Schwinn AC Performance Plus Improvements - May 18, 2023
I am a Reaction Cycling Master Trainer for Bally Total Fitness and have been for six years. I do new instructor training and CEC trainings for the Bally Total Fitness clubs in the South East market. Atlanta to South Florida.
Your program seems very similar to Reaction Cycling and I want to find out more about your system.
I can also be reached at 754-581-2387