Instructor Dave Santiago presents his Racing with Pros - Extended Criteriums class profile.
Dave teaches at the Wilson, NC YMCA - where it sounds like he's built a nice following of both outdoor and indoor cyclists.
Object and Intensity
- The “The Racing with Pros” is a 60 minute profile that provides a challenge to all levels of indoor cyclists.
- The profile introduces riders to criterium racing where we ride a 4 minute loop several times.
- The course can be ridden in and out of the seat depending on skill level.
- To measure the work effort you can use heart rate monitors, Zone Training 1 to 5, or rate of perceived exertion on the scale of 1 to 10. This is up to the instructor who knows their class and what works best for them.
- For this profile I”™ll explain in terms of RPE and zones.
- The complete profile starting with the trial run ranges from RPE 4 to 9 or zones 2 to 5.
The premise for the profile is that the class has entered into a race that is open to all riders. The competition contains 4 skill levels of cyclists with racing intensity to match.
Dave's very active over at pedal-on.com and becasue he worked so hard preparing his profile, I wanted the maximum number of Instructors to hear his presentation.
ICI/PRO members can download the companion PDF and the One Click Spotify song list below.
Race with Pros PRO/Playlist in Deezer
- ICI Podcast 38 Monetize your passion for Indoor Cycling and turn it into cash Pt 1 - November 26, 2023
- Be Careful > They're Watching When You Blow Your Nose - November 20, 2023
- Cirque du Soleil DVDs = a fantastic endurance Indoor Cycling class - November 17, 2023