In this post about transferring Spotify music and PRO/Playlists to your iPod - Droid or other wireless enabled device, I explained that there is no other option to move music from Spotify, other than through a shared wireless connection. Your USB cord won't work with Spotify - except to move your existing music to a conventional iPod.
The flaw in all this is assuming that everyone has a shared wireless network to work from... but what if you don't?
Skip your computer completely and download PRO/Playlists directly to your device is actually very easy for ICI/PRO members with a Spotify Premium account 🙂
Here's what to do:
- Open your Internet browser on your device
- Go to www.indoorcycleinstructor.com and log-in to your PRO member account.
- In the top navigation go to Instructor Training > Audio PROfiles and you will see the list of all the available PROfiles.
- Open the Audio PROfiles of your choice and scroll down and click the link "Here's your Spotify PRO/Playlist"
- It will open a page asking "Already have Spotify?" which you will tap.
- Spotify will open the PRO/Playlist and you can stream it instantly.
- I suggest you toggle the "Available Offline" slider to "YES" and wait until each track is downloaded before using it in your class.
Here's where you can find a listing of all my posts about iTunes and Spotify training.
- Please come back to my class! - May 30, 2023
- My Life Time Instructor Teach Back - May 24, 2023
- I'm Fine, Thanks - May 21, 2023
I was thinking Spotify was the best idea since sliced bread but I am have some second thoughts. I upgraded to a premium account and have access to shared playlists including those from IDC/PRO also have my playlists from my itunes account as well. All was going great used Spotify instead of itunes playlist for a few of classes, no issues. I was off to teach a class on Friday and always listen to my playlist on the drive over and all the songs were skipping. I tried rebooting my iphone and still no luck. Lucky I had my itunes playlist on my phone and did another profile for class. The problem is still there and Spofity site is no help in solving this issue Have you heard of this problem, I am ready to cancel my account :(…… Any ideas?
It sounds like you may not have that playlist set as available off-line. See this post https://www.indoorcycleinstructor.com/itunes-training/using-spotify-off-line/ and please contact me if that’s not the problem so I can help you solve it.