Understanding REPs Certification

With both our kids out of the house and in college, Amy and I have talked about potentially moving somewhere else. The idea of living in a new location has a lot of appeal to me, after spending the majority of my life in the frozen northlands of Minnesota.

To paraphrase the saying; "go big or go home" in weightlifting... why not; "go far or stay home?" As in moving to another country, like say the UK?

I'm not sure if that would be possible (or acceptable to my two daughters) but if I did move to to the UK, what would it take to get certified so I could teach in London or some other British city?

I thought it would be fun to find out, so I contacted Doyle Armstrong who's the Program Director with the Indoor Cycling Group (and lives in the UK) to help me understand what's required to get my REPs certification - the equivalent of ACE here in the USA .

The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) is the independant public register which recognises the qualifications and expertise of exercise and fitness professionals in the UK.

Membership of REPs provides assurance and confidence to consumers, employers and health care professionals that all REPs registered exercise and fitness professionals are appropriately qualified and have the knowledge, competence and skills to perform specific roles.

If you have a question for Doyle you can leave it below or post it on the Team ICG Facebook page.

Listen below as Doyle explains the REPs certification process in the latest episode of the Indoor Cycle Instructor Podcast.


Add Your Thoughts...