This Podcast is was originally published on August 18, 2013, I have updated it with our new Podcast host information and I am representing it now. I hope you enjoy it, Joey
Sport and Exercise Psychology Expert, Dr. Haley Perlus and I discuss the responses to a question I asked a while back; "What frustrates you as an Indoor Cycling Instructor?" I found that after reviewing the 80 responses I could divide the act of teaching an effective and entertaining Indoor Cycling Class into three categories:
- Foundation - class profile, training zones
- Presentation - communication and interpersonal skills
- Media - music & videos
The majority were related to finding music and playlists. Next were frustrations on finding new class profiles and introducing real training principles into a class.
Sign up for Dr. Haley's mental toughness newsletter http://www.drhaleyperlus.com/
Email her email@example.com
The book we briefly discuss is by Dr. John Ratey.
- ICI Podcast 361 Life Time Fitness Takes Rhythm & Movement Classes Mainstream with AMP Cycle - September 18, 2023
- More observations from our students - September 9, 2023
- 5 Reasons Instructors (that would be you and me) Need A Professional Headshot - September 3, 2023