I've got a powerful teaching trick for you [wlm_firstname], on this first day of September.
If you want to make a long lasting impression on your students, that has you standing out from all the rest and has them remembering YOU - then there's just one little thing you need to do...
It doesn't matter if it's a big or small surprise, anything will work.
It's really all about delivering the unexpected to your class
Think about your day. Ever notice how much of it is on automatic?
A typical greeting at work:
"How are you today?"
"I'm good John, how are you?"
"I'm good, thanks."
You're heading out the door from home:
"Love you too."
In any relationship, it's not the routine, but the unexpected things that we remember. You may hear "How are you today" or "I love you" or some other greeting a thousand times, but the day someone compliments you on your new shoes 🙂 - or tells you "you're looking good" - anything unexpected - is what you (and they) will remember.
The usual and the expected don't make as big of an impact.
What could you do today, that would be totally unexpected?
Here's a few ideas to get you thinking...
- Show up early and bring your bikes outside for a class in the Sun
- Wear a gaudy, brightly colored, jersey
- Just show up early 🙂
- Bring some simple treats or have a party
- Teach from the back of the room
- Bring a second bike up front and team teach with a student... leave them in charge while you work the room.
- If your class is very structured - throw on some music and just play with it.
- Invite a Yoga or Pilates Instructor to interrupt your class at the end for a completely different post ride stretch.
Share your ideas and experiences for others to use.
- When the “Fitness Run” Begins – will you be ready to catch a few new students? - February 21, 2024
- Free Sound Effects Friday – 30 Minutes of Bicycle Racing Audio From EpicPlanet.tv - February 18, 2024
- Stop the Talkers – Step Three… Let's Fix This Today! - February 15, 2024