Winter Training is on the minds of many of your class participants starting today! Base building, maintaining fitness and improving power are all things that the endurance athletes are looking for from you and your class. Are you prepared to deliver these things?
Gene Nacey from Cycling Fusion joins me to discuss why you should consider offering a structured winter training program and Gene describes how he created just such a program at his Global Ride Studio.
If you are interested in participating, contact Cycling Fusion at email@example.com.
Listen to the Podcast below or subscribe for free using
Information about our lost Podcast episodes is here ICI Podcast — The Lost Episodes
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Originally posted 2011-01-02 06:36:30.
- My Life Time Instructor Teach Back - May 24, 2023
- I'm Fine, Thanks - May 21, 2023
- Schwinn AC Performance Plus Improvements - May 18, 2023
I enjoyed the podcast and would be interested in learning more about the winter training program.
Would it be possible to see January 15 session other than life.
It might be best if I e-mailed Cycling Fusion directly but I thought I’d give it a try here. One of the requirements is a HR monitor configured for “student’s 5 Heart Zones”. My HRM does not have 5 zone capability (just one upper and lower limit) but I know my ranges for the 5 zones and would be able to use the BPM to track my zones. I assume this would be sufficient for the training? Thanks!
Does the training start at 8:00 Pacific, 9:00 Mountain…, 11:00 Eastern? The time zones aren’t mentioned on the brochure… (that I can find). THX!
Nevermind… I see it now on the Pittsburgh registration. It is 11-3:00 for the east coast…
I am interested in learning more about offering the winter training program remotely at our club.
A few answers to the various questions, in reverse order:
1. Training at the club would not be doable if you have a screen and projector already installed in the room. Without that, it might be tough to do it as a entire club. We did not market very strongly this year as we are still in development for so much of what has not been tried before.
2. Yes, we start at 11:00 EST and each time zone is adjusted accordingly.
3. Regarding a 5 zone HR monitor. The bottom line is you will need to know how much time you spend in each zone. We will be releasing an iPhone app that does that quite specifically, and based on the Wahoo dongle and HR strap. It is not in the iTunes store yet, but we are authorized to use beta testers. We are willing to use anyone signing up for our Winter Training program as a beta tester, but the Wahoo strap and iPhone dongle would still have to be purchased.
4. We will allow folks to see the first program only as an archive as well as a live broadcast until the 2nd week of the program. After that, the free sneak peak will be expired.
Hope that answers the questions, and I hope we have a big turnout for another first by Cycling Fusion.
As an ICI/Pro member, do I understand that I would receive a discounted price or is that price already included in the website cost? Also, when I clicked on the pricing information, I did see a coupon validation code. Where do we get the validatiion code? Last question, what is the cost of the Wahoo strap and Iphone dongle?
Thanks for the information.
I messed up the link. Here is the discount code ” ICIFusionPRO ” for the winter training program. You will need to contact Gene directly about the other stuff. firstname.lastname@example.org